Friday, November 4, 2011

A Jenn Adventure: Changes, they are a plenty!

Hellooooooooooooooo, Party People!!! Uh huh... I know... we can address my uncharacteristically quietness later. Right now, it's time for an update so let's just get down to business, shall we?

Top 5 changes in 2011:

1. I quit my job. Yeah, I said it. I QUIT my job. We won't discuss exactly why I quit, but I will say, I wasn't happy anymore. I loved the job, itself, and the majority of the people I worked with but there were certain things I just couldn't handle anymore. I had become a very angry, jaded, and bitter person. I'm not an angry, jaded, or bitter person. So, after 6 professional years, 2 years as an intern, and 1 year as a volunteer... I hightailed it outta there! I sound happy about that. My soul is very happy but when I think about it (and I try not to) it makes me very sad...

2. I got a new job! I hang out with THIS DUDE...


... all day long! It's awesome. He's such a stinkin' happy baby. I lucked out. For those that don't know, G is my nephew and he's awesome. Seriously... he's AWESOME!! We read stories and play and go to storytime and send Mom pictures of our cuteness and sit outside to watch the wildlife and sing songs and count our fingers and much, much, more. Yes, I let him nap too! He's a cool little dude and I love being able to watch him grow. I wish his momma could stay home with him like this but I'm also super glad I get to spend so much time with him. People say my sister is lucky that her precious boy gets to stay home with family instead of going to daycare but really... I'm the lucky one.

3. I moved! That's not that big of a deal. I tend to move quite a bit. However, I was in my last apt for about 3 years... that's pretty good for me! Anyway, the girls and I moved from south Austin to north Austin and I love it. I'm conveniently located 5-10 minutes from my "new" place of employment. I did it on purpose. Mainly because I knew that the fam would be visiting at least once a month to see G-Man and I had no desire to spend that much time in my car in one weekend in Austin. But let me be clear... had management not raised my rent, I wouldn't have moved. Moving is a female dog. I don't just move to move anymore. That was a college thing... Anyway, I (heart) my new apartment. It's old and cute and in an AWESOME neighborhood. I can go running at 11 p.m. and not have to worry about getting jumped. In fact, I left my car window rolled down the other night with my Maui Jim sunglasses in the front seat and they were STILL there they next morning. And my car insurance went down. Woot!

4. I started running. I know, some of you are saying, "Jenn, you are already a runner... You are a triathlete!" First, I hope you are using those terms, "runner" and "triathlete" very loosely. I was never a "runner" and I never called myself a "triathlete". I just went running because no one was forcing me too and I could walk whenever I darnwell felt like it. And if I chose to NOT run up that hill I could give that hill the finger and turn around! And I do triathlons for FUN. I compete with myself and myself only. But at some point, life happened and I fell off the wagon... hard. Like rock bottom hard. I stopped running, I stopped biking, I stopped swimming, I stopped going to the gym, I stopped Hula-ing, I stopped everything but work, class, work, class, and laying on my couch. For the past 5 weeks, I've been running 3 days a week. And 2 weeks ago I started back with Hula once a week. Next week... the GYM and some WEIGHTS!!!. Soon I'll need to add back in my bike and swim workouts. In 2012, I will get back to triathlons.

5. I have my soul back. For the first time, in a long time, I'm happy. I'm still trying to get my lost life back but I'm getting there. Slowly, but surely.


Top 3 Things I Want to Change Before 11:59 p.m. on December 31st, 2011:

1. Apparently, I'm a "once a year" blogger. I want to start blogging regularly so I'm shooting for once week. If nothing else, I will blog once a month.

2. I will not quit working out. I tend to do really well at working out for a while and then sort of stop. No more.

3. I will finish craft projects. I have about 3 projects I've started and walked away from that I desperately want to finish. I. Will. Finish.

Considering there's not a lot of time left in 2011, I don't want to over do it. I think these three things are sufficient. ;-) I promise I will "see" you all again next week, if not sooner. Posts don't have to be crazy long or epic entries... at least this is what I'm reminding myself so I'll continue this. And how about one more sweet, sweet picture of my little friend?


xoxo,

jennifree


3 comments:

  1. Love this. Waiting on bated breath for the next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all teary-eyed for you! So, so glad you are happy with yourself and life again. Smooches!
    -Aubrey

    ReplyDelete